Activity: Playing the Past (Girl Scouts Premier Partner Program)
We have set the scene for you to recreate life at Tudor Place in 1911! Download the activity here.
Junior Girl Scouts will be able to complete all activities needed for the Playing the Past badge.
- Read about people who lived over 100 years ago.
- Choose a character you want to recreate in a play set in 1911.
- Create a costume to represent the important pieces of your character.
- Build a set and props to bring your reenactment to life.
- Play the role in a movie scene, give a speech, write a diary entry, or play 20 questions.
Time: Up to 3 hours
Materials: Worksheet, household props, historical research databases like Chronicling America (optional)