At Brews, Booze & Bites Festival, Food History’s on the Menu
[updated September 6, 2017]
WASHINGTON, DC – Georgetown – An upcoming festival at Tudor Place in Georgetown will feature heritage food and drink, outdoor music and games, and their ties to local history. Brews, Booze & Bites, from 1 to 4 p.m. on September 16, will bring more than 20 purveyors of artisanal and local food, drinks, desserts and music to the historic Georgetown estate’s rolling South Lawn. A single ticket — $30 for members; $35 general; discounts available for groups of 6+ — covers all, including:
- a full menu of sips and tastings in the historic garden;
- two guided food tours focused on indoor and outdoor food traditions;
- traditional American lawn games;
- live music performed by the Foggy Bottom Whomp Stompers; and
- free keepsake tasting glass.
The menu includes a side of history with every satisfying bite or sip, highlighting local history, foodways, and Tudor Place tie-ins for everything from barbecue, oysters, bruschetta, honey, olive oil, and vegetarian sushi, to ice cream, pastries, beer, cider, whiskey and spirits. (Confirmed vendors listed below.)
This is the second annual fall food festival at Tudor Place; the first, in October 2016, commemorated the site’s bicentennial. Food history and land use has been intertwined with the history of Tudor Place since the day in 1805 when it was purchased by the Peter family as 8½ acres of farmland. Completed in 1816 and lived in by six generations of one family, the house and landscaped garden on 5½ acres are now a museum with a collection including food and agriculture implements, lore, and documents including recipe books and planting notes.
Brews, Booze & Bites will take place rain or shine. Admission is limited to ages 21 and older. Registration is recommended, and can be purchased here. Discounts are available for groups of six or more.
Contacts and Registration
- For vendor information, email us.
- For group discounts, email or call 202.580.7321.
- For press inquiries, email or call Mandy Katz, 202.486.7645.
- Outdoor Edibles – 1 and 3 p.m
- Follow the Bacon house tour – 2:30 and 3:30 p.m.
Confirmed Performers and Purveyors
- Foggy Bottom Whomp-Stompers Prohibition-Era Jazz Band
- Catoctin Creek Distilling Company
- Hop, Cask & Barrel
- KO Distilling
- Mad Fox Brewing Company
- Moorenko’s Ice Cream
- Old Bust Head Brewing Company
- Pastries by Randolph
- Raw Oyster Bar, sponsored by Whole Foods Market
- War Shore Oyster Company
- Vegetarian Sushi, provided by Whole Foods Market
- Republic Restoratives
- Reservoir Distillery
- Right Proper Brewing Company
- Rocklands Barbecue and Grilling Company
- Sagamore Spirit Distillery
- Via Umbria
- Bold Rock Hard Cider
- Denizens Brewing Co.
- Winchester Cider Works
- Georgetown Olive Oil
- BannerBee Company